- Live-In Care
- In-Home Care
- Personal Care
- Peace of Mind Program
- Assisted Living Services
- Interactive Caregiving™
- Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease Care
- 24 Hour Home Care
- Senior Companion Care
- Respite Care
- Transitioning Home
- Palliative Care
- End of Life Care
- Hurricane Preparations Program
- Light Housekeeping
- Fall Risk Reduction
- Medication Reminders
- Senior Nutrition Care
- Comfort Keepers® grandPad Senior Tablet
How Senior Home Care Services Can Help Senior Nutrition in Fort Myers, FL
Everyone knows that nutrition is important but did you know that nutrition may be even more important to our senior loved ones? Comfort Keepers located in Fort Myers, FL realizes the importance of incorporating senior nutrition into our senior home care services. At Comfort Keepers based in Fort Myers, FL we will work directly with your senior loved one to make sure that they are receiving healthy and balanced meals while in our caregivers care. We also want to include your loved one in preparing healthy meals so they feel more involved in their own care.
As a caregiver or family member, you need to be on the lookout for signs and symptoms of hunger or malnutrition in older adults. Here are some ways to monitor the nutrition of seniors in your care:
- Watch for physical problems such as poor wound healing, easy bruising and dental difficulties.
- Keep track of weight loss which may require purchasing a home scale or transporting to the doctor’s office for weight checks when the individual is unable to stand without assistance.
- Pay close attention to seniors’ eating habits and ask them to tell you where and when they eat, but don’t rely on self-reports alone. Since Comfort Keepers® often spend mealtimes with seniors at home, they may have a better idea of normal eating habits.
- Suggest family members visit during mealtimes which can improve a senior’s consumption. If a senior lives alone, make sure you know who is buying his or her food.
- Know what medications an older loved one takes and how often they can affect appetite and digestion. Use the resources available through your local retail pharmacist to check for drug nutrient interactions or possible side effects of prescribed medications.
- If there are medical questions regarding nutrition, medication and health Comfort Keepers® suggests seniors, their family members and other caregivers speak with doctors about tests that can help identify chronic malnutrition or other nutrition-related problems.
At Comfort Keepers of Fort Myers, FL we understand there are many benefits to eating healthy and physical activity. A few of these benefits include
- Improved balance
- Sharper mind
- Increased energy
Comfort Keepers of Fort Myers, FL can help to make sure that your senior loved one is reaping the rewards of better nutrition. Do you believe your loved one could benefit from our senior home care services? Contact us today for a free consultation.
Comfort Keepers Senior Home Care Services serves the communities Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Bonita Springs, Naples FL and surrounding area.
Trusted Home Care For Seniors in Fort Myers, FL and
the Surrounding Areas
Offering a full range of in home companionship and personal care services to support independent senior living
at home in Fort Myers and the surrounding areas in Florida
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE IN-HOME CARE CONSULTATION!
Thank you for contacting Comfort Keepers. A member of our team will be in touch shortly. For immediate assistance please contact our office directly at (239) 590-8999