Homemaker Companion Lee County
Lee County 239-590-8999
We make a difference in someone's life every day. Do You?
If this is important to you, join our team! Let's make a bigger impact tomorrow!!
We want the better caregivers. We pay better caregivers, Better.
Job Summary: – Caregivers provide household services related to personal care. These tasks would include things such as preparing meals, preparing beds, washing clothes. Other related services, such as washing dishes after the meal, sweeping the floor after the meal, or scrubbing the tub after the individual took a bath.
Also included in this category would be visiting or interaction, which would take care of the individual's psychological needs. We also remind the client to take medication, use their walker, and other tasks that are important for them to complete on a daily basis, such as accompany clients on walks, community trips, doctor’s office, bank, beauty salons, etc.
These services are specific to the client who needs assistance, but not to or for the other family members.
The job will include an incidental amount of unrelated general household cleaning – These are tasks such as dusting furniture, vacuuming, washing the floor, washing the windows, cleaning the refrigerator and ovens. These tasks should not exceed 15% of the Homemaker/Companion’s time.
- Provide companionship for the client including, but not limited to: talking and listening, reading aloud, providing social and emotional support. Promote the client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest. Provide emotional support and promote a sense of well-being.
- Provide a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Provide homemaker services including laundering of client’s garments and linens.
- May prepare and serve meals as directed. Ensure that dishes are washed and kitchen clean after each meal.
- Assist client in completing necessary phone calls, letter writing, etc. Accompany client on walks, community trips, doctor’s office, bank, beauty salons, etc.
- Remind client to take self-administered medications.
Observe and report any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner. Position Physical Demands:
The work requires light physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as driving, assisting client in activities, and light housekeeping. Regularly required to stand sit, walk, talk, and hear. Occasionally required to reach and lift. No lifting greater than 25 pounds.